• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why is my M1008 floor getting so hot?

CivilEGR

I noticed the other day that when I was out driving with shorts on the heat off the transmission hump was almost burning my calf. I touched the floor and almost burned my hand. I'm not getting any overheating idiot light and all my fluids are topped off and don't look like any of them are scorched. Any thoughts on why it's so hot and if I should be watching for anything?

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed the other day that when I was out driving with shorts on the heat off the transmission hump was almost burning my calf. I touched the floor and almost burned my hand. I'm not getting any overheating idiot light and all my fluids are topped off and don't look like any of them are scorched. Any thoughts on why it's so hot and if I should be watching for anything?
Get a heat gun and see how hot it really is. Mine hits 120 on the hump after a good drive. I put lizard skin heat control on the floor and it stays around 80 now. They do get hot.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

cucvrus

That is radiant heat. You pay extra for that in a new house. These are not vehicles that have the creature comforts of newer vehicles. They are bone stock utilitarian transportation from 40 years ago. Have you ever driven a WW2 Jeep. That is basic transportation from 80 years ago. It would take me 5 minutes to get out of rifle range in an old Jeep. Good Luck. Warm floors are dry floors and that helps keep the rust at bay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks