• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why is there no fuse box or breaker box

Rodger

Hello All

I searched my truck, the T.M.s and then this forum. I have confirmed that there is no fuse box in my M109A3 (Works like M35A2). I know there is ONE circuit breaker.

Every other vehicle I have owned or seen has a fuse or breaker box.

Can anyone explain why the truck was designed this way?

Thank you
Rodger

steelandcanvas

With any assesories that are added, mechanics usually install a circuit breaker on the firewall just above the steering column. I'm sure it's a rediness issue, having a breaker in the circuit instead of searching for a fuse. The only fuse is in the fuel pump circuit.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a breaker, in the light switch. 30amp self resetting. Heaters and other add-ons got a resetting breaker on the firewall, above the steering column.

Barrman

One of the funniest post I have ever read is one written by Spicer years ago. He was describing a drive at night in Velvet when he first got it on the road. He had just done the 427Tall Deck/3053A/NP205 swap and since the lights had worked up until then, he hadn't looked at the wiring. I forget the exact situation, but he would hit a bump, see a spark and then the lights would go out. He would stop, hear a click in the 3 lever switch, turn the lights back on and then drive some more until it happened again. I know it wasn't funny for him at the time and I might have the events messed up some.

My point is that a resetting breaker allowed him to drive home. Maybe a bit slowly, but he made it home. He would have run out of fuses unless he had a case of that amperage with a regular wiring system. All part of the keep it simple ideas that went into these trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks