• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WI SS Rally

What: Wisconsin MV season opener, also known as Poof-Stock.
Where: Lebanon, WI (northeast of Watertown) details to follow.
When: Saturday 4/17 to Sunday 4/18. Camp over or go home.
Why: Why not?
Who: Everyone except hippies and cry babies.

This thread is just to get things going, please sound-off and assist in getting this thing, the most epic event in recent MV history, on the right track.

More details will be listed as soon as someone figures them out.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/49336-wi-events-3.html#post569697

poof

Dirty Hippie
this is the place.. bring your camera... just dont leave it unattended..
:grin:

food... drink....fun... bonfire...more food....and MV's

drop me an Email for directions and a phone #...
J.P.

dozenjeeps

wi rally

Ok, sounds like a plan, I want a hefer not some old cow that Dr Greg used up already.... Plan on going to Jefferson car show the following weekend with a truckload of jeep parts...But how can a guy pass up a fresh hefer and beer... not sure if I should bring down the ambulance or the MP Jeep as someone has to keep order.. lets hope it doesn't rain all weekend as my jeep will really have to work to pull out all the deuces..... I could bring some wood but I think there is still a ban on hauling firewood out of the area..... sounds like a plan...

If you are going to bring Bruce, you may want to plan on the ambulance.
Oh yea, there will not be any need to spend money so he should survive.
Since when are you so fussy about your tent-mate? If nothing else we can cut her into some nice steaks.

Last edited:

dozenjeeps

We may need a GPS addy to find this rally point... any chance we can set up a small convoy to go for lunch on saturday?? would be fun no matter how many trucks we have... Dr Greg, I may have to put the hefer in your deuce as I think I will bring a jeep, may have to get the top on her by then, and store the 30 caliber for warmer weather... well time to hit the hay, you know us old guys need the rest...

A convoy would be great, if there are some new people we should have some empty seats.
The location is pretty easy to get to from all directions, this is why Poof's offer sounded perfect.
BYO food? Dish to pass?
BYO beverage (dozenjeeps said it was his turn to buy, but no real hope for that)
Grills?
Bonfire wood should not be a problem.
Other items? Let's hear ideas. This is going to be a casual get together, so let's have some fun.

poof

Dirty Hippie
Ok, sounds like a plan, I want a hefer not some old cow that Dr Greg used up already.... Plan on going to Jefferson car show the following weekend with a truckload of jeep parts...But how can a guy pass up a fresh hefer and beer... not sure if I should bring down the ambulance or the MP Jeep as someone has to keep order.. lets hope it doesn't rain all weekend as my jeep will really have to work to pull out all the deuces..... I could bring some wood but I think there is still a ban on hauling firewood out of the area..... sounds like a plan...
WOW I forgot about the fire wood transprotation Ban.. GOOD point.
Um The MP jeep would help me out Big time...
I sure would like to have a second M151 jeep and an Experts Knowlage on hand , to answer what I still need, whats missing .. whats this for?

drgreag thanks for the link... with directions...

if your comming from the south of watertown... HWY 26 north to hwy 16east..
to hwy R ( only stop light)still east to Blaine rd.. north turn..

if from I-94 get off at IXONIA exit...HWY F north . to end.. turn west on HWY 16.. go to same stop light as above turn east on HWY R to blaine rd..north turn on blaine

if comming from North HWY 26 south to HWY 16 east.. to same stop light follow from their..... also HWY 60 and HWY 33 both cross HWY 26

I-39 comes into Portage from the north... from Portage off either I-94 or I-39
you can take HWY 16 all the way to said stop light on HWY R

HWY 16 is a nice easy road to travel.. and can be gotten on in the Dells wisconsin 55mph.. several towns..

well if i havent confused you by now..

drgreag.. you hit the nail on the head... "casual get together"

there is an MT barn here too if weather gets crappy..or to camp in.

if any one has a couple Mermite cans.. for food to stay hot in.. an extra grill would be nice idea too..

920-285-8395.. I dont have Voice mail set up on it.. so if you dont get me . i will call back..

now off to start painting
the red ox should be dry now..
this is what Im faceing today..
J.P.

Attachments

dittle

I would come over but its my daugther's birthday that weekend and I've been tasked with items at it.

dozenjeeps

Now you know what I mean about DR GREG, for a girl to want to go to a Military Vehicle get together to see some smelly old thrucks and men!! Especially Dr Gregs friends, at least I am not one of them!!! Anyway looks good for Bruce and I to come, his m151 is not ready but mine is good enough to go, probably trailer it as you are well over 100 miles and the weather is not that good to drive a open jeep... He was thinking about the M715 as it is really nice but will see about trailering .... keep it up, sounding better all the time, I have some old skunky beer that DR GREG likes also to bring...

poof

Dirty Hippie
I Need a beer now.. but will pass the Skunkness on to the next...
I hope to have the jeep all good by the cook out..
this is what I accomplished today.. picture up date...
its a textured finish as it was windy as heck .. I did my best for the conditions....took picture from close to same spot..

B double E double R un.......BEER-RUN...:beer:

J.P.

Attachments

dozenjeeps

OK, Truce, some of your friends are ok, the chaplin or preacher with the deuce was cool... anyway you do or did drink some off the wall cheap **** for beer!!
I like the paint job on the M151 that Poof is doing, I really like my M151 alot, reminds me alot of the old days and some of the dumb things as a 19 year old we did as a PFC... Now I drive it like it should be and being they have such a bad reputation on the turns its good I am now 40+ years older now and smarter.... hope to have the canvas mounted by the rally weekend... do you think there will be more than a few of us there??? does not seem to be to many on this site talking about coming.... catch ya later.... neuby...

poof

Dirty Hippie
there are plenty of local Watering holes around here in a few mile proxcimity...

and they all ( most ) have a menu also..Open at 6am and serve coffee and breakfast food

Pub Crawl type Convoy in an afternoon / Morning:driver:????
from the old thread.. people wanting to attend are: ( + symbal means they will be bringing others with too)

drgreg +

dozenjeeps +

poof + +

toddm 17th is High School Prom for my son? ( drive out on 18th todd, only 30 min away)

kennys@wi.rr.com ?

skinnedknuckles +

6x6guy ?Knob Creek
April 10/11 but would look forward to attending the Wisconsin event.

Also Gene Imes
a Wisconsin SS member.. Watertown area....

We have the "Wisdom & Skill " let us have Virtue .

thanks for that drgreg :-D

the sun is just up now....Off to the Jeep.. maybe I can find my wallet today..
J.P.

Westech

CPL
me and the wife prob will be there. Maybe my dad too with his M151A1. I don't know if I will have my 5 ton there or not... need to get new batts and a master cylinder for it... 3 years in the back yard has hurt her a lot.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cheese? Will there be any cheese at this casual shindig? :confused:

I can't wait to see pictures of you guys all together with your MVs and Giant Cheese Wedges, on your heads!:p