• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wife takes the M1009 for a test drive

salt6

Got the wife to drive the M1009. She likes it now that she knows she can drive. It's not stick. aua

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSIbPygvma8[/media]

Whitey

Nice truck and pretty wife! You're lucky on both of those! The only female I have been able to ride along on my test drives was my mother. In the end she thought it was fairly pleasant and "nothing like the deuce". (She really didn't like the Mother's Day ride along with the whistler turbo.)

Question for ya: Is Oklahoma very strict on test drives with no tags? Your video got me thinking and wondering.

Glad the wife likes your toy! :D

Cleptomaniac

That's great my wife has been driving mine some now that we got it home! She does great at it! But her car is a Expedition....
Way to get her involved :D

Wolf.Dose

I did not want to point out the tags / licence plates, for it is not my bussiness here from Germany. So nothing happend, where is the problem.
In Germany of course that drive was illegel.
Wolf

67_C-30

My wife's GMC Acadia was in the shop a few months back, and I made her drive mine to grocery store. She said the bag boy came out of the store and looked in the general direction of where she was walking and said "I bet I can guess what you're driving". She said there was a beat up old truck, a couple older sedans, the M1009 and a new model Suburban on that row. She said she told him "Ok, which one is it?" Of course, he picked the 'Burb. She said she laughed, and told him "No, I wish I was, but I'm having to drive my husband's old War Wagon". She said he looked at it and said "OMG! That is awesome!" She still doesn't get the appeal of green steel!;)

salt6

Tags here are not needed if I understand the DMV regs but there are strict requirements to be met. Still need to do research. aua Anyway I have it tagged, just not mounted. We just drove down the block and back. We only have one policeman living on the block now. Anyways this is a small city so they probably would let it slip by. :D

cucv1833

Thats great. My wife wouldnt ride with me in the M1008 but now i got the M1009 she likes it.
She acually took it and drove it around a few times without my permission:) She wont let me put the top back on.

Whitey

Tags here are not needed if I understand the DMV regs but there are strict requirements to be met. Still need to do research. aua Anyway I have it tagged, just not mounted. We just drove down the block and back. We only have one policeman living on the block now. Anyways this is a small city so they probably would let it slip by. :D
I've never had problems with short test drives here either. It's one of the advantages of living in the sticks. Once I got mine fully tagged and insured I put alot of miles on it real quick. It really is hard to turn around and head back home.

The only thing I really hate is the price of Deisel; it was about $50+ for a half tank. Enjoy!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HeySalt,

Glad you finally got the truck operational. Good Job!!! [thumbzup]

That is a nice looking left rear quarter window....:wink: Did you end up buying a replacement seal or was the old one okay? I still have a BUNCH of windows left if you ever need another one.

Barrman

My wife will ride in the 1009 and has even asked to drive it a few times. We were invited to go on a ski trip this winter. She asked me if we could take the 1009 instead of her Suburban. Amazed me because she has never even sat in one of the M35's and does not like to ride in, much less drive the M715.

salt6

HeySalt,

Glad you finally got the truck operational. Good Job!!! [thumbzup]

That is a nice looking left rear quarter window....:wink: Did you end up buying a replacement seal or was the old one okay? I still have a BUNCH of windows left if you ever need another one.

Reused the old one and got lucky and got the first one in. I'm your supply depot in the NE part of the state. :razz:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks