• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wikipedia

bshupe

I was looking up some information about the CUCV genre and noticed that there is a Wikipedia page (Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) for them. It thought that was cool and went to check it out to see what the general public has to say about them. The information there is basic canned stuff but I wasnt expecting much else. The thing that really got me was the photos on the page. They must have gotten a grant to do a research project to find the most broken-down sad looking CUCVs they could to post on the page.

I dont know at this moment if there is anything that can be done about it but maybe if enough people email them with good photos of CUCVs they will rotate out the sad looking photos that are on there. Maybe there is even an SS member that is a Wiki contributor and could just make the change.

Unite and conquer! :driver:

nf6x

Feral Engineer
The info for the picture states that the photographer found the truck abandoned. I have a guess about why it was abandoned!

Anyway, though I haven't edited anything on Wikipedia before, it's my understanding that there is no "they". If you see something that ought to be improved, you just do it. We use some internal wikis at work, and that's how they work. There should be revision tracking so that of some schmuck defaces a page, it can later be rolled back to a previous version.

K9Vic

It is Wikipedia, user edited content that anyone can edit and add pictures. There have been some incorrect information about the CUCV that I corrected, but anyone can Google 'CUCV' to see pictures of them all day long.

unaffiliated

"User edited content". That is why I don't believe everything I read on wikipedia. Anyone can post incorrect information and call it correct. Does anyone police the content. I love the picture of the M880.

M1031CMT

I have corrected a few errors for military equipment that was posted on wikipedia. Including a few things that made zero sense. But it never ends. That's why I take everything I find on wikipedia with a grain of salt.