• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wildfire fighting help

ARYankee

I was told this weekend by my in-laws who are on the volunteer fire department that there are contracts about to be awarded to people who have been trained and own deuces with water tanks for wildfire fighting in other states. They said that they pay anywhere from $750 to $1500 a day depending on how equipped you are. They said that they knew someone that did it for 6 weeks and sat at the hotel for 3 of them collecting money. That person is also looking to buy some deuces to do that with. I was just curious to see if anyone else has heard of this or might be interested because I can find out more info or if anyone has any info about it. I know it peaked my curiosity.

Towerguy1

The good news is there are such contracts. The bad news is they are almost impossible to get. The National Forest Service and some State Forest services keep a list of auxillary equipment in an on a call list. There is required training requirements and other rules. The chances of being called are low but it does happen. I had a D-8 Dozer on the list for awhile. The best advice is to be freindly with the local Forestry office and see what happens.