• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a Frequency Transducer from a mep004 work in a mep003a?

bjackson911

Hello and thank you in advance for any and all advice and comments about this idea, I am having a hard time finding a freq transducer for my mep-003a gen set that isn't $400 at the low end and $950 at the high end in cost. I bought my set missing the Frequency transducer, ac voltmeter, and Frequency meter. I found a Frequency Transducer and Frequency meter matched set Military part number 69-595, NSN 6625-00-003-0971 from Oshkosh so I purchased it on impulse having had a very hard time finding parts not made in China. I rarely do this but I did it. I understand the model numbers don't cross reference with each other but I am hoping that someone will know the technical information and whether this Transducer can be used with my mep-003a. Everything else looks pretty good and it had indicated a rebuild in 2005 at 2 hours and a total of 2.5 hours indicated on the hour meter. I know it could be good or bad sign for potential problems beyond what I can see. This is my 1st gen set and piece of military hardware since getting out of the service besides firearms and it makes me proud to own it. I have found the wealth of information on this site about the MEP-003a and am very grateful for all the does and don'ts being a first time operator of this generator. Thanks again for any help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks