• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a M35A2 jump start a M818?

jwaller

you will be lucky to get it going if the batts in the 5ton are totally dead. you might have to let it charge for about 30 min. esp if the 5 ton doesnt bust right off. also you should open the bypass screw on the IP of the 5 ton bc if you dont continue to have; power the solinoid will close off when you pull the slave cable and shut you down. it would be better to find 2 junk batts with a good charge to throw into it to get you going even if you have to boost it with the M35.

EdMontana

Re: RE: Will a M35A2 jump start a M818?

jwaller said:
you will be lucky to get it going if the batts in the 5ton are totally dead. you might have to let it charge for about 30 min. esp if the 5 ton doesnt bust right off. also you should open the bypass screw on the IP of the 5 ton bc if you dont continue to have; power the solinoid will close off when you pull the slave cable and shut you down. it would be better to find 2 junk batts with a good charge to throw into it to get you going even if you have to boost it with the M35.
Thanks for the observation, I don't have the truck here...will get it tomorrow, batteries are probably very dead.

Now when you say open the bypass screw......should I screw it in right? I will be looking at it tomorrow, I never had to look for it before so I have no idea where it's... GL said would start with a jump but it did not, carrier will bring it in tomorrow but big rig cannot make to my place so I will need to get it started to drive about one mile....if I just had a tow bar!!! will ended up making a pair one of those days.

papercu

I guess sometimes it better not to know things, :) I've used my M151A2 to crank the M816.
If there is nothing wrong with it you can just pull it off, I've pull started M35A2s in less than 10 feet.
And if you are not going though in the middle of rush hour traffic you could just tow it home. Good luck and take pictures no matter what you do. Wayne

EdMontana

Got it!

Well, was a piece of cake.....someone pulledl the emergency stop handle but never put the lever back in place by the engine.....batteries were very dead but was enough to hold the solenoid open so I could drive it after jump start.

Batteries are dated Mar/07, try charge it but seems like two of them must have a slot or two in bad shape.....I just got two F4DLT and is much simpler and netter now.

It did not had a single toll in it! actually look like is was cleaned well...not a washer!!! on the good side, BOTH tanks are full till the neck!! and the big surprise...it was remanufactured in Saginaw, TX in May 1995.....I was thinking it was a 86/87

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks