• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a S-788 shelter fit a M1101 /2 trailer?

tobyS

It will fit, I have an S-788.

Here is what I'm doing to make the S-788 to fit an 1101. Note the trailer has about 4" of sides above the floor. That's the wheel well depth on the S-788, which I think is about the same on the S-250. In the case of the S-788, it's also longer, so mine will have a slight overhang on the front and rear.

I'm in a bind paying for my daughters wedding so if you may be interested in a trade, I'm selling my project.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently bought a 1997 Raytheon Generator Trailer, which is based on 1101, for this this very purpose.
Gen trailer.jpg

I hope my 788 fits it, but if not I'll just stick my 803 on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

tobyS

It probably will fit but it depends on the center between the wheel wells. Or you could remove those wheel wells and use the opening on the 788. I do think gen trailers are usually narrower but you may have enough room. A lot of the later stuff is at HMMWV width however. Let us know.

tobyS

No I haven't. Too many other projects moved it down the list. I have a problem with the back jacks. They will interfere with the shelter, so when I do set it on, a new jack system should be ready to go.
Most of my efforts right now are on making my M35A3 into a 4x4 and making a trailer from the bed. Here is a photo of the deuce bed trailer.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks