• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will an M1009 cucv fit in the bed of an M35?

ida34

I will take measurements when tommarow but I find myself with another m1009 and an m103 genset trailer. I hope to load the cucv in the back and hook up and tow the trailer.

Jetnoise400

According to the TM, the M1009 is 79.6 inches wide, and 191.8 inches long. So my public education math skills suggest that puts it just shy of 16 feet long and a little more than 6 1/2 feet wide. Of course I've never been known for my prowess in math. :lol: Doesn't the deuce only have a 12 foot long bed?

I've seen a Pinzgauer in the back of a deuce. It fit with the tailgate closed, but the mud flaps were hanging over.

Of course your mileage may differ....

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Maybe if you take the duece top off and let the cucv front bumper bounce above your head and leave the tailgate chained flat it might fit. Just brainstorming. :)

area52

fit?

Jetnoise400 said:
According to the TM, the M1009 is 79.6 inches wide, and 191.8 inches long. So my public education math skills suggest that puts it just shy of 16 feet long and a little more than 6 1/2 feet wide. Of course I've never been known for my prowess in math. :lol: Doesn't the deuce only have a 12 foot long bed?

I've seen a Pinzgauer in the back of a deuce. It fit with the tailgate closed, but the mud flaps were hanging over.

Of course your mileage may differ....
thats bumper to bumper though.

measure from the front of the front tire to the end of the bumper and from the back of the back tire to the end of the back bumper. which ever is more, let that end hang out over the tailgate - probably like 2.5 or 3 feet. that might get you close to the 12 foot limit.

ida34

rdixiemiller said:
Put the trailer in the deuce and towbar the PU.....
That was my next move. As it is now I may have my cousin drive my excursion and trailer with the cucv on it and I will pull the trailer with my present cucv.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the tip of the front bumper to the centerline of the rear axle adds up to 145.2 inches. You would have to get very creative and use lots of straps and chains to keep it in place. I would say it could be done if absolutely necessary but like Robert said, it would be 10 times easier to put the M103A3 in the truck and flat tow the blazer. FYI the blazers are about the sweetest MV to flat tow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks