• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will it Fit?

bottleworks

My friend won one of the M1009's at Fort. Bragg. We will be picking it up next week and would like to trailer it home. His trailer can fit can car as wide as 6' 1-2". Will it fit? ...Or should I find a tow bar to use?

Event 2884, Lot 2909. This was a blind purchase. Did anyone take a look at this one? Good? Bad?

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks relatively complete. Fairly solid. Expect some rust in the quarter panels, even if the pictures don't show it, this model gets it often. Other than that, great save!

Armada

Oooooooh... I saw that one in person. It's got a hole in the block. Might as well leave it there........ lol
Seriously, good looking 1009. You're friend will love it. They are very good on fuel and have good road manners.
Use a tow bar to bring it home if you have access to one. They flat tow so nice, and if pulling with a duece, you won't even know it's there.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rear axle is narrower than the front, but it's like 76-77" outside. If you have a regular car trailer, you can back it on, but 73-74" won't cut it. If that is really the case, tow bar it...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks