• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

will these trailers work?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you will need to move the 5th wheel back for the M146. Check with Rattlhead, he just did this.

Rattlehead

You definitely won't clear those tires! Some guys here have towed the M146's with 11x20's and they work but are close.

I think the 295 chassis is one of the worst for clearance. Seems I remember it being only 60" from kingpin to where the frame starts curving downward.

I just bought a M119 and had to move the 5th wheel back. I just moved it as far back as the angle iron on the frame allowed.

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=25207&highlight=

Here is a post of some calculations I did before picking it up. Use at your own risk.

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=24271&highlight=

Westech

CPL
it should... we have a bunch of (well all out tractors have the 14:00 tire) tractors have the super single set up and we use the trailers like normal. Yeah they angle down a bit but for on the road driving there fine.

MilitaryRestoration

ill just be hauling them home with a load of tires in them freeway only...
also is there any difference between the m127 and m129 other than one is van versus stake side...? everything else should be the same shouldn't it?

ida34

I think he is asking for the M number or nomenclature. The bottom trailer is an M146. The top one, I am not sure.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M128 and M129 are both excellent trailers but tend to rust. I prefer the M128 as it has full width back doors so you can slide a Jeep in there or something.

jwaller

I have a dolly for my 818 and I use it much more often than I do my 5th wheel. the larger tires prevent me from using the 5th wheel on about all the shorter trailers.

It's also nice with the dolly to get an extra set of brakes in on the mix. never can have too many.

MilitaryRestoration

lock pins huh? never seen or knew of those... Backing dollys doesn't bother me as I used to pull tripple trailers and had to back them in the yard from time to time... But I think I'm going to have to find a dolly before euc clears then, sounds like it's the only way to pull that shorter trailer