• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

will this banks kit work on my dads m1031

mangus580

Primarily the issue with this setup in the older trucks, is interference with the air conditioning....

You might also have some clearance problems with the downpipe off the turbo.

Other than that... shouldnt be too much an issue.

flippydidit

2 cents worth (definitely no more than that).

These guys have said it. Anything after 91 might not 'fit'. Some things can be made to 'fit' depending on your proficiency with a hammer......

BTW, you have A/C in your CUCV? I'm SOOO jealous. I'd kill for a domelight right now.

-Keep 'em shooting

Nate
Army Infantry 9 1/2 yrs. '97-'06
Gunsmith/Government Weapons Contractor
1985 M1008A1 (slightly modified)

AJMBLAZER

I have a dome light...one of those $7 LED stick on light dealies that you can buy at any hardware store. Works pretty good actually.

flippydidit

See you're already ahead of me. I don't know how many of those dome lights I've gone through. You know....the ones you snap and shake.....they only last a few hours. I did manage to wire in a cigarette lighter. Now I smoke while I enjoy my 2/55 air conditioning.

-Keep 'em shooting

Nate
Army Infantry 9 1/2 yrs. '97-'06
Gunsmith/Government Weapons Contractor
1985 M1008A1 (slightly modified)

84cucv1ton

nope i dont have a/c. would not bother with it.

im thinking, if it just the down pipe, maybe i can work something out with some custom bent tube.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, my two cents (before it's only worth 1.75 cents):
With the M1031 you should have more room in the engine compartment than the 91. As a suggestion, what I do is go to the local salvage yard where (here in Detroit anyway) there is an abundance of Chevy pick-ups and compare both vehicles.
Also, good place to pick up that dome light!