• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will this work for 6.2 M1009 AC Air Conditioning?

edpdx

Can this AC bracket be used for the 6.2 we have in the Blazers? I don't know if any existing equipment would be in the way or the 6.2 mounting busses are different on 2009-2012 6.2 engines.

I found it online while looking for one that would allow AC in a stock Blazer.

BRACKET. AIR CONDITIONING (A/C) Compressor Mounting
BRACKET,A/C CMPR. BRACKET, A/C Compressor Mounting. For: DN 6.2P(LSA) (2009-2012) (2009 - 2010). Required: 01
BRACKET,A/C CMPR. BRACKET, A/C Compressor Mounting. For: DN 6.2P(LSA) (2009-2012) (2011 - 2012). Required: 01
BRACKET,A/C CMPR. BRACKET, A/C Compressor Mounting. For: DN 6.2P(LSA) (2011-2012) (2011 - 2012). Required: 01
AC2.jpg

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a gasser engine. Don't think it will fit our diesels.

Might be modified to work.

The 6.2L gasser is the upgrade to the 6.0L that was introduced in 2001.

georgia mike

I'm not sure about that A/C bracket, but I just picked up an M1009 and someone has put A/C on it. The compressor is mounted under the driver's side alternator. Not much help, I know. Just thought I'd let you know where mine is mounted.

edpdx

Mike, any part number on that mounting bracket? I know lots of us would like to get one.

georgia mike

Sorry, I don't know much about the setup. I'll take a few pics of it tomorrow and post them up. Maybe that will jog someone's memory that may know more about it than I do.

ryan77

I have a ac bracket and compressor i took off one of my m1009 that had air i can post pics tomorrow. I know it was a 12 volt convert and was used in place of the drivers gen.

georgia mike

Okay, I got a few pics, but the sun was very bright and as anyone that owns an iPhone knows, the cameras on these phones aren't the greatest.

The entire system looks to be a custom-made deal. It could be a store bought system from a small outfit, but all the same, it's dirt simple. One large bracket holds the A/C compressor to the water pump area, and there are a couple of rods that bolt to the intake and exhaust manifolds. The alternator is driven by a short belt that is only hooked to the compressor, and the compressor is driven off the crank. Looks like a fairly easy thing to duplicate if you're handy with a welder and drill press. Sorry for the crummy pics, if need be I can try to get better pics with my camera.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...onepics181.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...onepics180.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...onepics184.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...onepics183.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...onepics182.jpg

allenhillview

Sorry, I don't know much about the setup. I'll take a few pics of it tomorrow and post them up. Maybe that will jog someone's memory that may know more about it than I do.
Search A/C on this site, I'm in the middle of my install, read (does anyone have A/C like this) There is a company in Forth Worth that makes the bracket just for this truck 1008'1009 all the same, I have it on truck now.

It looks great no mods to do, Vintage makes the air handler in a nice unit for these 81-87 trucks as well, see early photos in ( what have you done to your cucv lately)

Last edited:

LVCUCV

This is my first post on this site, however I have been reading and absorbing information here for awhile now. Thanks to everyone that contributes here, the information has helped with my '86 M1008.

This thread brought to my attention the A/C dilemma that had previously been addressed here, but unfortunately appeared as though the company had gone out of business and/or stop making the correct bracket kit specific to our engine configuration.

It has been an internal conflict for me whether or not to modify the M1008 from its dual alternator to a single alternator into a digital mosfet power isolator to keep both batteries and 24v intact. This would give me the ability to mount a compressor in the passenger side alternators location, but leave me with one alternator; then this thread appeared. THANK YOU (lol)

The first time I researched NAP I could not locate the exact kit for the M1009 (as it is listed by NAP). This time I found an older SS thread that contained the link and was able to retreive it properly from NAP's website.

The kit appeared to be available, in the time I had, I shot NAP a quick email concerning availability and received a quick response back they would be available Monday (8/20).

You can also purchase the Bracket Kit separately (which is what I will be doing), the cost for the Bracket Kit was qouted to me as $160.00 + $15.00 S&H. I did some research on thier website and the kit should use a Sanden 5 or 7 series compressor which is going to allow me to use the Vintage Air Gen IV Kit (in my opinion a better investment), however you could also use the Work Truck Kit from NAP as well.

So hopefully this will help a lot of fellow SS members that have helped me when I was trying to determine the best source for parts and repairs on my own CUCV.

*I have NO affiliation with any of the companies mentioned, just trying to help others find the parts they need*

- Cory

Last edited:

allenhillview

You do not have to use NAP, component one will sell direct , he sent me extra bolts, 60mm to mount new pulley, 50mm are not long enough. So heads up on that , you will most likely receive 50mm crank pulley bolts.

Also be sure your damper is running true and replaced recently or you'll be back in there too soon.

I did electric fans for better AC in low idle situations , also clearance is close but design is ok and it does clear well enough.

I'll be using Gen IV as well, vintage dealer is only 20 miles away from me and its all he does, no mechanics in his shop which makes for a nice clean area.

Do not use 24v 709 compressor use only 12v of your choice, as the control panel is rated only at 12v which is what is in the Gen IV system.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks