• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winch cable -how?-

Jones

On most there's a hole in the surface of the drum spool, next to it should be an allen set screw(s). Loosen them and the old cable should pull out. Thread the new cable in and tighten the set screws.

mangus580

It is interesting... some of us learned the 'hard way' as to how its done.... yanno the way that happens when you pull the cable out too far by mistake? ;-)

Jones

Picture Wile E. Coyote look on face. There's the first "what was that?", followed by the blinding flash of realization.
You know the three most often heard words just prior to a trip to the ememrgency room? "Hey, watch this!"
Your set screw(s) should be in line with the direction the cable reels, not to the side. I've got a picture of it in my manual but haven't figured how to email one page and not the entire pdf file.

Jones

Just added a copy of my -20 deuce manual to the tech library, when it comes up online, look on page 969 of 1209 in the pdf file or section 13 of the manual. Hope that helps. More manuals to come, I've only got about 80 of them to enter.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried to post the FM the other day and an hour later it still wasn't done. So much for dial up. Like Jones, I have a bunch of stuff too. More than the website needs but if anybody is looking for specific stuff, let me know.

mangus580

remote? I thought that was the kid.... tell him to turn it on or off... he does...

not much good for specific channels though... ;-)

Wyattearp

I still have dialup, but where i live its as good as it gets, don't live near a town or city and would rather it be that way LOL. It can be a pain sometimes

Dieselsmoke

mangus580 said:
It is interesting... some of us learned the 'hard way' as to how its done.... yanno the way that happens when you pull the cable out too far by mistake? ;-)
I always paint the last 10 feet of my winch cables bright yellow, then another 20 feet I put a dot every 12" to let me know I'm getting close.

Jones

Excellent advice on the tail end of winch cables. I've seen 'em come off and I've seen 'em come back. None of them were pretty especially since, moments earlier, they had a pretty substancial load on them.
Re remote: Sorry but I have two words of advice for anyone contemplating children... or for that matter, marriage; "German" "Shepherds".

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck, my TV doesn't have a remote. Heck, doesn't even have a woking tuner, gotta use the VCR. Way behind the times here.