• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winch cable issue

Camoclad

Can anyone tell me how to remove the chain and hook from the winch cable, shorten the cable and reinstall the chain. I think I can figure out how to cut the cable but the brass wedge is really the issue. Thanks

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck getting it apart, and being able to use it again.. It's more of a "one time install" thing than "reuseable"...

Have you tried unwinding the cable down to the bare drum, and removing the other end? That will be MUCH easier...

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It took a 20t press to pop the brass star out of the end for the 819, when i reassembled the end, i used anti-seize on everything ( threads, cable end and star). The tm says not to reuse the star, but if you dont have another, do what you have to. Someone here on SS awhile back posted a place where you can get new stars.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks