• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WInch fill port.

Rocco

There are two fill holes on the top of the winch
now do I fill to top or what??
How do I know if there is enough gear oil?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the drivers side, there are actually 3 ports.. A drain on the bottom, a fill on the top, and one in the middle, that you can take out when adding 80/90 to, and when it starts flowing out, it's got the right amount in it. But, if you just want to drain them and refill, 1.25 pints in the passenger side, 1 pint in the drivers side, as per the LO.

acetomatoco

The manuals you need including the LO are given their full nomenclature on the dash of each Deuce...unless you do not have the metal screwed on data plates.

jatonka

On one side or the other, you can't get to the middle(level) plug. Why not just drain both annually and refill to correct no. of pints? Then you have cleared your winch of moisture and any filings. If you seriously use your winch at work as I do, You will find some wear occurring and you can reduce the wear by changing the oil. I had a helper once who filled a winch to the top plug. Needless to say, it found it's own level a while later and there was a puddle under the winch.Now we know. John T

Bill W

Since I only used my winch once on my first deuce and never on my 37,every now and then I'd fill the housings to the top so to coat/lube everything then drain it and refill to correct level.

Rocco

Ok now I have a problem.
On the passenger side of the winch
I added oil and it started coming right back out
at the bottom from behind the spool
Do I need a new seal?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks