• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winch lever

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
My winch lever is too close to my grill for my liking. It actually grazes the 8 on my bridgeplate when the winch is engaged.
below are pics of mine and clinto's(I think stolen from the aberdeen thread)
What do you think...
heat and bend?
or
find a different one?

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's cast iron, heating and bending might not agree with it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It already bent once but was it hot or cold? Check around and see if you can find one.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got mine, I think from Memphis, for around 20$. Most larger vendors should have them. I think if you try to re-bend it, it's going to break.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's kind of drop forged steel, not cheap cast iron.
Heat it, once red it will bend easily without breaking.
The lever could stay in place if you work fast, put some wet rags around the shaft area and protect the radiator core with some sheet metal.
(Or go find a good one and send me yours like it is, wish I had two "that" bad...!) :)
Have done it and have another one on the waiting list!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks