• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch lube quesion

jeli

OK, I've checked the lube order and other manuals and haven't found the exact answer. On the driver's side there are three plugs, top, 1/3 from bottom, and bottom. Obviously the bottom is the drain. I assumed the top was fill and the side was the full enough plug. When I pulled my side plug today I got a 1/2 gallon suprise. Is it supposed to be filled to the top plug or the side one? The right side fluid is about 2-3 inches from the top. I haven't drained that side yet. They must have been planning on arctic recovery ops cause the case is full of trans fluid not 80/90.

acetomatoco

My LO of 1952 indicates 3 1/2 pints of GO in gear side and 1/2 pint in other side...But I seem to remember a TB indicating you could make a dipstick and measure from the fill plug.. trouble is I don't remember the length...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks