• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch lube

2deuce

For the front winch, do I fill it to the top? I only see the fill hole on top and the drain on the bottom. Couldn't find it in the manuals online. Do you guys mix some grease with the oil to make it thicker to leak less?
Thanks,
Greg

spicergear

There *should* be a plug on the side of pinion area that'll allow you to fill it a couple inches full in the bottom. It does not require being full...it will leak forever. New seals are available.

acetomatoco

read your lube order... there is a measurement to full level from the fill plug in the top....or you just drain and fill with the also mentioned quantity for the housing. For the hundredth time... Get the manuals and read them in bed... there will be a test.. ACE

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the left side looking at the winch from the front uses 16oz and the right side uses 20oz.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks