• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Oil

ramdough

When @fuzzytoaster and I swapped a winch from an A0 to my truck, we drained all of the winch oil and saved it. I am about to get ready to fire up the winch again.

The oil “looks” clean and clear. Should I reuse it or swap in fresh? I forget the volume, but it is a lot of oil to buy if it is $$$$pecial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronmar

It is probably fine. If it is clear, it is not emulsified. If it has any water, it will be at the bottom of the containers after setting. You could siphon out of the storage containers careful to not let the pickup tube closer than about 1” to the bottom of the supply container. That 1” of oil you can pour into a clear container to get a better look at what if anything has settled out of it. If it is also clear and free of water and debris it can be re-added to the system also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks