• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Yoke Identification help

hoopsoft

So I got a winch from a guy, and everything else off another m35a2, PTO, drive shaft, brackets, etc.

My winch looks like the normal deuce winch but the one piece I was missing was the winch yoke to PTO driveshaft yoke U-Joint.

I look up what you guys are saying the whole spicer 5-153x and go the parts store with my yoke, and it doesn't even come close to fitting... What fits my winch yoke is a spicer 170, alot smaller.

In doing my research the only thing I can come up with is maybe this came off a m211 or m135?

If this is true are the worm gear shafts the same size and could I just get a different yoke from a m35a2 winch...

(my shaft is a 1.25 diameter.. smooth (no splines), 5/16 sheer pin hole)

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Winch drive shaft U-joint

It has been said before: normally there goes a common 1310 series U-joint (5-153X and others, 3.219" over caps, 1.0625" cap diam.)

Only once I had an odd (gasser) DS taking a smaller U-joint and yokes on the winch side, can't tell the size. Possibly not OEM stuff.
But I'm pretty sure the winch input shaft diam. was - and always is 1.25", for all 10K Garwoods.

So if your DS comes from an A2 it should have the yoke for mentioned std. size U-joint and all you need is to find the correct size yoke for the W. input shaft.
Also: its not to difficult to make that part, out of a rear DS from an old Jeep or most any 1/2ton truck....

G.