• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Window Glass M923

tbar123

Since , I have been told by the moderators to keep everything about my truck in one post, I have a new question. Some scum bag shot my drivers side wind sheild with a BB gun and now I can't drive it. I have contacted safelite auto to come fix it and they said that they could, but they didn't have this truck in their system, So my question is, Does anyone know if their resin will work on this type of glass? I believe it would work, but am not sure! Also since everything has to be put into one post how do I change the title of this thread? Thanks for looking and all advice is very much appreciated.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I moved your thread to its own as window glass is not really related to an oil leak. When you where asked to keep all your post together, it is more of the mechanical stuff.

The glass in the M923s is just flat safety glass. Just about any glass shop can cut what you need. Safelite should be able to fix it but probably won't replace it.

Last edited:

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I moved your thread to its own as window glass is not really related to an oil leak. When you where asked to keep all your post together, it is more of the mechanical stuff.

The glass in the M923s is just flat safety glass. Just about any glass shop can cut what you need. Safelite should be able to fix it but probably won't replace it.
Ditto on that. I had mine replaced by a local glass shop for $60. The owner of the shop new exactly what it was for when I brought it in. Safelite doesn't cut glass to spec....they use OEM or aftermarket glass pre cut vs. custom. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. They have replaced two windshields for me.......and god forbid you have rain sensors......glass they used must of been made for the space shuttle based on what it costs.

Last edited:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to get the dimensions for 900 series window glass. I run a glass shop and always bring MV glass to swap meets. I'll be at tower park in April. My prices are very good.

Any good glass guy who cuts mirrors and Windows should be able to make you a new one. I have a friend who cuts windshields, and rear and side windows for semi's and heavy equipment for a few trucking companies for his side business. He also installs them with new rubber. Since you can remove the glass with the frame, take it with you to a commercial glass shop. Maybe they can help. No auto motive glass place will do it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks