• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield frame replacement H1 -> M998

LewisX

Guys I am working on repairing a 2000 h1 formerly a hard top. The interior was burnt out and the top was chopped. It has since been replaced with massive roll bars. The problem is that the windshield frame is the same old hardtop frame... no soft tops will fi to it. I have been looking into replacing it with the m998 frame, does anyone know if it will fit correctly?

With the M998 frame will I be able to fold it down?

Any suggestions, comments, pitfalls?

Thanks in advance.

IronTim

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am fairly certain the H1s used the same windshield mounting method as the 998s. On the 998, there are 3 hinges with removable pins on the exterior of the truck, and 2 similar hinges with removable pins on the inside. To fold the windshield, you drive out the pins from the inside 2 "hinges" and the windshield pivots over. Welcome to the site btw.

dilvoy

If you are trying to use a civilian Hummer H1 soft top, you need to buy some pieces from AMG. The pieces make the last foot of each side of the top surface of the windshield frame more squared off in overall shape. Then maybe some sort of channel to attach the front of the civi soft top would also be necessary. If you are trying to run a military soft top, you'll need the channel for the front edge of the soft top. The channel is held to the top of the windshield frame with some phillips screws. The civi windshields have, unlike Humvees, silicone sealant in between the windshield frame and the cowell so you'll need to dig that out, before the windshield will fold.

LewisX

Thanks for the info guys... So Dilvoy, the soft tops are military, the frame is civilian.

So I will just need to grab the AMG pieces?

Would you happen to know what parts I could reference?

Appreciated!

IronTim

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the P.N. of the military windshield part. NSN 2540011965313 P.N. 5581367 FORMER,PILLAR FRONT..

dilvoy

If you have a civi windshield from a hard top or wagon and you want to use a military soft top, you should only need the channel that the front edge of the top slides into. This channel mounts to the windshield frame with probably ten screws. I don't know the name or the part number of this channel.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey George....I listed the part number above yesterday.
Greg