• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

windshield gasket

I was wondering if anyone knows the best place to get the gasket that goes between the glass and the frame. not the weatherstripping that seal the windshield frame to the large fold down windshield. I have found everything but the glass gasket. thanks for any and all info.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Silicone or putty that the local windshield repair place uses.

JDToumanian

It's recommended that you not use that glass-to-frame gasket... it causes rust by letting water sit in the frame. I bought brand new front window assemblies and used a razor blade to cut away that rubber gasket and then sealed the glass into the frame using Permatex Windshield sealant from Napa. Devilman posted the procedure somewhere here, and I've also heard it recommended from Mark at Saturn Surplus and Dave Walker, who sold me my windshield assemblies.

Jon

devilman96

Ditto... DO NOT USE SILICONE... use windshield sealant. Silicone should never be used agant glass and metal together as it draws mosture under it and causes rust.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks