• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield washer pump Question

Steamynachos

What do you guys use for a windshield washer pump I want to get my truck registered but it needs a windshield washer installed I asked if a bottle full of water was good enough if I just stuck my arm out the window :D but it was rejected is there a military pump? I seen some manual pumps along time ago but is there a 24V system.

saddamsnightmare

April 20th, 2008.

:cookoo:
Boy, Our Canadian DMV friends must be nuts, as the deuces didn't always have windshield washer units originally, and I'll bet you a lot of SS trucks don't have them yet.... The law in the States is... ifit isn't original equipment and isn't on the vehicle when inspected, they cannot fail the inspection for that lack of equipment... However, IF, like Mike Pop's Mighty Mite, you add something that wasn't there originally, like turn signals, and they don't work, you don't pass inspection...... My rule of thumb would be, take the nozzle off the hood and block the hole with a bolt, nut, 2 flat washers and 2 rubber washers, paint the bolt head to match the truck, and see what happens.... (If it has a washer tank, delete that or dummy hook it up to the radiator overflow..... Just so the Mountie can't fgure out what it is...). Here in Texas we are at least smart enough to not require Military Vehicles to be inspected.... There's too many variations on the theme song...

Good luck and happy hunting.....

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Truck
M105A2 Johnson Mfg.Co. 1-1/2 Ton Cargo Trailer MERDC or NATO 4 color woodland, Okla. Army NG unit.
1967 MEP23A Hercules Gasoline generator set, OD green
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S404.114, Mercedes Benz NATO Green :grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks