• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wings and Wheels Olympia Airport

Amer-team

Saturday August 27 from 2 to 8 PM, Jorgenson Air will be hosting a Drive in, Fly in, and Ride In at the Olympia airport. This is a fund raiser for the Olympic Flight Museum.

Admission is free for people bringing vehicles for the display. You can bring in a guest as well. Food will be available for purchase.

Military vehicles are especially encouraged to attend. Or bring whatever vintage, historic, or street rod type vehicle that you would like to bring out.

For info, please call the museum at 360 705 3925

wsucougarx

Hmm, tentatively I'm in. I'll have to check my schedule. Wow goes until 2000 hrs? Any issues if we leave earlier than that?

Last edited:

BadMastard

Looks like we are a go! Bringing the m35a3 for this one since the 109 is conspicuously missing a box. Now where did I put that turtle wax?

Scott, I'm going to be coming over from Graham, anyplace we can all meet?

Amer-team

Looks like I will ditch out on you guys for this one. There is a carshow in Centralia, about 3 blocks from my house on Saturday. So will probably take a small jeep to that one along with a couple of other guys. There is also the Steam Threshing Bee next to Toledo Airport and MV's are welcome there. Anyone bringing an old vehicle gets free admission.

srodocker

no idea on where to meet? we should plan to be at the place at around 1 to setup im guessing. should we eat pizza? i know dupont has farrelis that is some good food. tons of parking there.

BadMastard

Duponts/Farrelis it is. I have heard back from Whitney, at the museum who says we can show up at Jorgensen Air service about 1pm and we will be led over to the military vehicle site. So pizza about noon?

srodocker

yup thats the place. i'll grab the second pizza. and ditto on the root beer hahaha. glad you got ahold of whitney im still unpacking from the dunes and running around the house with my head cut off before work.

i am going to try and swing down to brads just in my car to grab a lug nut and talk about the mini rally

Olywadan

Had a lot of Fun yesterday. Scott and his Fiancée, Jerry and Jod(y or i), and I got to hang out at the airport all day and sit in the sun and bs. Was good meeting everyone. Learned some things on the way home. Like don't pass 2 gas stations to get to the third. Ran out of gas 20 feet away from the pump. Special thanks to Scott for the info and Zach who showed up with his help. Ended up replacing the fuse for the gas pump. Fun way to figure out it hasn't been working for awhile.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks