• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper arms missing..

fredrader

Hi All,I noticed that both my wiper arms are missing from My deuce and I will need to get some so does anyone have any idea where I should look to buy a set? I also need a set of windshields and frames since my frames are rusted and cracked the glass in both sides..I still need a J pipe for it too..That along with a set of racks w/troop seats since Elohim1 sold me his NOS cargo cover and bows and I can't install it untill I get the racks I have looked a few places but no luck on any of the above..Thanks and any help is appreciated..Fred

Monster Man

check with Joe young on the troop seats, bet he has them. Actually due to shipping and the condition of old wood you're just looking for the uprights/troop seat fold downs, then put either new wood slats or fiberglass slats. I priced wood at $3.50 for a 12', ands you'll need 16 or so.

SaturnSurplus.com should have you covered as well

MVtrucker

Thabks for the plug, Lance.
Fred,
I don't know how to ship racks as an assembly. One way out is to obtain all the hardware and do as Lance suggests, get new wood. Maybe you can venture to Aberdeen, there's usually racks there.
I sure wish that I had all those A1 condition J-pipes I sold at Aberdeen last year for $40.00 - $45.00 each. Seems like a hard and expensive item to get new. I have on many an occasion put a patch on the J and MIG welded.

Pappa-G

For your wiper arms go to napa and get part number 60-750, it has a new arm and adapter for modern (read as: working) wiperblades. The kit cost @ $16.00 +/- for each arm. Best of luck with the DUCE Fred! [thumbzup] ~Pappa-G

bomar76

Memphis has the J pipes in OEM for $186 + shipping (20 or so) other than that I think you are SOL from my recent experience...unless you get the stainless stell ones ($$$) from Saturn.

fredrader

Hey thanks guys,Sorry I couldn't reply sooner but I couldn't get to a wi-fi spot yesterday afternoon..I will get the wipers from napa..I still want to get the J pipe so I will get it from Memphis..What and where is Aberdeen ?? I still need windshields and frames..Memphis probably have them too..Thanks again,Fred

MVtrucker

Fred,
The link didn't come thru as a clickable hyperlink, so copy and paste it to your browser.
I'll be at spaces K-11 & J-11 Yellow Area.
>49 8N Ford Tractor (In case nothing else starts)
I have a 1952 8N with front end loader and rear mounted blade. Handy to have around.

fredrader

Hey Thanks for the link..I drive up 95 from DC th NYC all the time in my Semi for work so maby I can get in there some time...I wonder if there will be any parts down at Knob Creek down by Fort Knox KY this weekend..I have been there several times and there were lots of MV's but I didn't see many parts though..

Your 8N has the side mount Distributor [thumbzup] Mine is in the front :banghead: Kinda hard to get to..Thanks again,Fred

MVtrucker

Yes, mine has the side mount and I'm thankful for that. I dealt with a lot of the flathead Ford V-8 cars and trucks with the front mounted one. Pre 1949, I think they were. This tractor has been in my family's possession since 1965. We rebuilt it back then. I got the Operator's and Service manuals (reprints) from: http://www.ytmag.com/store/index.htm

bomar76

Just take the frames to the glass shop and tell them you need laminated safety glass cut to fit.
Same thing with the door glass to......works fine.
It's not DOT approved.....but what is on our deuces ;) ?

fredrader

Sounds easy enough [thumbzup] I just got back from getting the tags and insurance for it..$30.25 for historical tags and $34 for 6 months insurance..Liability,Comprehensive,uninsured motor vehicle,Roadside assistance w/towing.. [thumbzup] I don't know how it is so cheap but I didn't ask...State Farm has always did me good..
I also drove it down to the truck stop and fueled it up...43gal=$104 :banghead:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks