• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper Motor Help Please!

mcne2026

My wipers worked but would not return to the bottem when turned off and the water pump on the wiper motor would not pump water. So, I went to the dealer and got a new (rebuilt) motor. Got it installed and the wipers ran good and returned to the bottom fine. Then I tested the water and everything stopped. No water and no wipers.

The wiper motor has three wire connectors. Two are designed so the wires can only attach in the correct direction. The third (a two wire connector at the center top)(red and white wires in mine) let you connect either way. Thought maybe I hooked it up backwards. Could someone tell me how they have it hooked up? Is the red to the left or right when you are looking at it?

That was my only thought. Any other ideas?

gasser

Hi there,

Take a look at the attached picture. Does that help you? I guess my "red" is on the right.
Maybe if you did have the wires switched, it may have just blown a fuse? Did you check that as well?

HTH,

-graham

Attachments

mcne2026

I checked the fuses and none are blown. Thanks for the PIC.

What is the dround strap. Is it the green and white strap on the right in the above picture? If so, no it is not attached. The new pump did not have one and it was riveted to the old one, so I did not remove it. I could try that for sure.

gasser

Yes, that is the ground strap. If you didn't swap it over, then there is a good chance that it's not grounded. I don't think the remans or new units come grounded, as I think they still use the same cushioning system. Try grounding it and report back.

-graham

mcne2026

I had that wire reversed. But it is still not working right. The water pumps ok and blades move, but really slow and they tend to get stuck. Give them a little help and they move again. They also return to the bottom ok when turned off. It's like the motor is not strong enough or something. If I flip them up off the windshield, they move back and forth great. But when they have the friction created by surface contact with the windsheild they just don't have enough power behind them to move well. I thought maybe linkage, but since they move fine when flipped up, I am not sure. Any suggestions?

Armada

Gasser, your wiper motor looks different than mine, it doesn't have the 3 noise supressors (I think that's what they are) attached. It must have been replaced at some time. Sorry I don't have a better picture.

Attachments

gasser

Armada said:
Gasser, your wiper motor looks different than mine, it doesn't have the 3 noise supressors (I think that's what they are) attached. It must have been replaced at some time. Sorry I don't have a better picture.
Hi Armada, I do have the noise surpressors. It's just not attached to the firewall. If you look at my picture, you can see them barely in the bottom right corner. They're dangling in place. I just need to re-mount them to the fw.

Wow - your engine compartment looks really really good. Very nice!

-graham

Armada

Mike, I haven't fired up the heater yet, so I don't know how well it's going to work. I'm waiting to hear back from HRD for the rest of the stuff I need. It's been awhile since I've heard anything........

gasser, thanks. It didn't always look that way ......;) GL pic.

Attachments