• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper Motor Problems

JohnFire

I have no power here either, but I haven't had time to hunt anything down. I think the column switch on mine might be bad, but the water light and seatbelt light come on when I try to turn them on. Also my turn signal arrows are staying lit.

SlimtheLineman

The truck was converted to 12v when I got it. So I am not sure i will have to get a tester on it. When I put a new motor in it will work slow on a dry winshield or stop half way through a wipe depending on the motor. If there is a good amount of rain the wipers will work but they are pretty slow. It seems to me like they are half the speed they should be. If I accidentally hit the switch on a dry day or the rain turns to a light drizzle I have to shut them off immediatly or they seem to burn the motor out cause the motor wont work again. Also if I use the sprayer motor they go slower. I hope that helps you get a better picture AJMBLAZER

CCATLETT1984

I would check the voltage going into the motor, sounds like you have a voltage drop. It could also be the grounds on the motor, the way these motors work is that the two grounds switch to make the motor run at a different speed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks