• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wiper question

junkyardog

i purchased the wipesr and arms that some one posted the numbers from napa. they are correct. but my question is there a better wiper motor or arm or set up that is a lot more rugged, this dont look like it will handel snow. why is that hole in the frame so small.i would like to put a motor like the old milk trucks had. can that hole be bigger.

CGarbee

If you want a really nice heavy duty wiper that can handle snow, you might want to consider some units similar to what I mounted on my Cummins powered M37... Granted the M37 is a 3/4 ton, but it uses the same inner window frame... Page on my website details instalation and has parts numbers (follow the link on the page to the PDF from United Technologies for the tech info including the 24 volt version) and instalation instructions.
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/electricwipers.htm

Good luck.

ida34

Check under tech articles. There is a write up on the upgrade. I also did a post about 6 months ago on it. I forgot the numbers but I took the napa numbers to my local parts store and they crossed them to an anco number. I used anco stuff for my upgrade and it is much better than the original stuff.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

junkyardog

that looks like a very good idea. im going to try that. did you drill a 5/8 hole right where the old one was. or higher. does it interfear with the glass. thank you. to my other reply i have left the slip i got from napa at work. i will post them buy this weekend. i will include part # and prices.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks