• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wipermotor connections

Jonas

So, still troubleshooting my wipermotor wich works really poor.
I cut this out from the tms and have been trying to find out what should go where so that i can hotwire it to hopefully always work.....

Some questions,

1. Park Switch solenoid, what would this do while in park?

2. Washer solenoid, this seems to carry 2 diffrent grounds and inside there is something looking like a electro magnet.... help?

3. The 3rd main connector pin3 seems to always carry 12volts, i this the "main power" for the motor? and the pin 1,2 are for diffrent speeds?

Prevoius owner of my truck wired pass the washer solenoid because the part in there is broken, (or i think it is, the tiny wires going out the the connectors doesnt connect with the contact).... So when hitting the waser 1 more step up from the first one it sprays the windshield..

Attachments

JAsher45

the park solenoid switch is what returns your wipers to the normal off position when you shut the switch. it works off the mechanical gear on the inside of the gear unit and when gets to a set postion shuts the curicut

the washer curcit is to turn the washer pump on and the wiper on at the same time.

i had somewhat the same problem thought about upgrading to a wiper motor out of a newer truck which i mean the 86 87 88-91 k5 and suburbans depends still tryin to figure out a few other problems reasoning behing that is the pump on the years stated were in the bottom of the washer fluid tank and the wiper motor just did what its suppose to do

God i love my cucv its got an attitude like a woman i guess that explains why yall call your trucks old girl or other names lol rofl

beanman1

mine was having the same problems i sprayed some lithium grease on the gear and on the connections(linkages) and it works like a champ now

Jonas

hmmm okay, well my parksw is not working :p if i turn it off it stops where it is...

Do someone know where to add power or ground just to make it wipe good?

:(

beanman1

take the little cover off there is a little pin that lifts up (it works the windshield washer) it is stuck that is what is keeping from parking lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks