• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wipers need plumbing

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My duece didn't have any plumbing for the wipers except a piece of copper tubing coming out of the dash.

I have just ordered some new motors and the wiper upgrades but I'm not 100% sure how to plumb the wipers.

I don't have to go 100% original. I have read several threads regarding adding a valve before wiper #2 to control it better etc. I am aware of adding a service loop before the copper corner tubing so the windshield can fold down. I'm not sure about the length of the hose from wiper one to wiper two...etc.

Can someone offer some suggestions (pictures would be better) for the best/better way to plumb up your wipers. Yes I do use Rain-X already but I need working wipers for my DMV driving test this month. :wink:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
man,

Electric wipers rock...but since I ain't got them, I gotta stick with the air ones.

some hose on the exhaust that runs along the top of the windsheld frame and then under the canvas top to the out side will make keep the noise down .

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, if they do, and you wanna dispose of them....PM me!

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Will...I knew I could count on you to help me out on this one. Is that just 1/4" fuel line? Also, do I have to hang an air guage on my wiper motor as well? :p

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nah, just the 1/4 tubing. Drive that bad boy to Fontucky. We'll hook them up out there!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks