• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wipers on the m1009 not working right

84cucv1ton

they were fine. i had the key in the on possession. was hooking up something to the fuse block. heard some strange sound from the column itself. think i might have fried something. :-x

now only work in high and does not return back at all.

any ideas what i could have done?? hope i dont need to take the column apart. thanks

84cucv1ton

after some reading and testing. some how i fried about a 10" section of wires in there. not sure if i should take it apart or get another column. been told the column use a lot of cheap plastic that breaks.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take it apart, it's quite simple, just digitally remember (camera) how it came apart because the TM has real crappy illustrations. In addition to your basic metric hand tools, you'll need a steering wheel puller, lock plate depressor tool, and Torx T20 (iirc).

Last edited:

84cucv1ton

will be doing this over the weekend. got the tools from a friend. never took one apart before. was told it a pain. see ho it goes mike

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the time if the wipers will work on high or low and will not park it is the wiper motor that is going bad all the controls are in the motor as far as parking not in the switch
3M35A2
2M35A1
1M1008
2M1009
M105A2
1 Gama Goat

HardCorps79

If you already messed with the elements in the steering column and it's still slow, and won't park, it sounds like the motor. No need to check anything, necessarily (some may disagree). I'd order the new wiper motor and replace. I'm often loathe to spend an unnecessary dime, but sometimes an extra couple bucks is worth getting rid of a pain in the A**.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks