• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wire rings on Boots, How Tight do they need to be?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced the Boots on my M923A1 about 2 months ago and all was fine. But I went into a
car show in Phoenix and I notice my right side boots was leaking grease out the bottom of the boot.
This morning I looked at it and the boot had come loose.

My question is how tight do you tighten the wire ring down on the boot?
Can you get it to tight?

Thanks!!!

phil2968

Yes you can. I just did the boots on mine. I was sitting on the ground in front of the passenger front tire putting the brake line on when for no good reason I reached out and pushed on the boot. To my surprise I heard air whistling! :shock: I removed the shield and found that when I tightened the outer clamp the boot had bunched up under the clamp screw. It may have not leaked lube but water was sure to find it's way into there. The water down here in Florida usually carries fine sand with it where ever it goes! I checked the drivers side and it was good.
Make sure to clean all grease out of the groove and make sure the boot is dry where it fits in the groove. The TM recommends brake clean for this job. Tighten the clamp till it don't move no more. Just don't destroy the boot!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks