• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wires crossed caused Blinker Indicator to come on with Headlights.

edpdx

Happy Thanksgiving.

Ok, so I messed this one up. I have been frustrated with this problem since I bought my M1009. The left front marker/turn lamp wasn't blinking. I checked the socket and grounds. Dirty (corroded) socket was replaced with a DORMAN socket from the parts store. Only now the dash left-turn lamp glows steady whenever the headlights are turned on- and it does not blink. Checked more ground. Replaced more sockets and bulbs.

Last week while working on my daughter's El Camino, I saw a youtube video where the guy says "Here's a tip: on these 1157/2057 sockets brown does NOT go to brown (What I did :oops:). See, the Dorman comes with the wires in the picture: YELLOW, BROWN, and Ground Black. I figured the brown to brown, black to black and the leftovers must be the wild card and go together... wrong.

If you are having these symptoms, unwrap the wiring and have a look at color splices. I know it's a stupid mistake, but live and learn.1157 socket.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks