• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wires for horn on m1009 ?

Jonas

When i got my truck it had a separate button for the horn, no idea why... i guess the original horn was taken out sometime back...

measuring the power on the horn fuse i see that it has 12V power, and now i wonder if anyone know what wire coming from the steering wheel that connects to the horn ? i got 2 cables inside for the new horn, but i rather not use that stand-a-lone button but use the one on the steering wheel instead :)

also looking for wire colors from the wiper switch :)

THanks alot all!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is only one wire in the steering column for the horn. It is black. The horn grounds thru the column.

There are 5 wires for the wiper control and 8 wires at the wiper motor.

Here is the stock wiring diagram.

These are available in the -20 and -34 manuals.

Righ click on the thumnail and choose "Open Link in New WIndow"

Attachments

Last edited:

Jonas

Thanks for the reply, ive looked at those and i check whereither it gets grounded when i push down the horn button but its not :/ i use the check connection part on the voltmeter and it just displays numbers instead of giving me the beep for connection, guess its bad ground.

I had problems identifying the connector this ground wires goes into when it comes from the button :( anyone able to take some photos? :(

Also, how much volt is the horn made for ? i send in 12 volts and it just clicks from the horn... sometimes it beeps loud and clear but latley just clicks... there are new wires to it and it grounds to the chassi... ive added a new ground for it so grounding shouldnt be the issue...

dependable

There is a diode on the back of horn relay plug. I believe it is part of radio noise suppression. when it goes bad, I think it grounds out the relay. Cutting the diode wire may solve the problem. It worked for me.

tankie88

My horn never worked since i had my M1009.The relay clicked and that was that.The nugget who had it before me ran new wires,horn and a new push button.All i did was remove the wires off the old horn and cleaned the connections and the original worked no prob.Now it all works.

Red_506

I still need to procure a horn as some knuckle head in the line before me completely removed the horn. Although my relay works, I can hear it click when I instinctively try to beep at non-driving morons.

erniemigi

i had to actually install a new horn button, you can push on the original button and hear the relay click but as soon as i connect the wire to the horn it just starts going off non-stop (made a few neighbors mad at me, ohh well) any idea about this one

cpf240

i had to actually install a new horn button, you can push on the original button and hear the relay click but as soon as i connect the wire to the horn it just starts going off non-stop (made a few neighbors mad at me, ohh well) any idea about this one

Probably a shorted diode on the horn relay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks