• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring harness wire ID "bands"

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

I am redoing a M series wiring harness, and am looking for a handful of the aluminum wire "bands" that are on the ends of each 14 gauge wire, stamped with the # identifying the wire. The bands are the "3 tab" type, 2 tabs on one end, 1 tab in the middle on the other, and the whole thing "wraps" around the wire, and the tabs all meet up securing it to the wire. I only need a handful of bands with numbers. I'd prefer the factory look of stamped #'s.

For exactly what Im looking for, go out to your deuce, 5 ton, trailer, or any other MV built in the past 50+ years and look by the connectors. They have been using these things for YEARS.....

Does anyone have a source for these bands?

Thanks!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post up a list of numbers Mark. I have an NOS 6011 harness (somewhere) that I plan to butcher for parts. Won't be needing tags.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anyone finds these? I found some on some web site, but you have to order 20000 of them.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See Post # 4 above.

Vintage Wiring of Maine has them. They are new, flat and Joe will sell them stamped or blank - your pick. He stamped and mailed me a bunch for free with a little harness I bought from him.

You can find Vintage Wiring of Maine on the web.

Good Luck with you project!

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
See Post # 4 above.

Vintage Wiring of Maine has them. They are new, flat and Joe will sell them stamped or blank - your pick. He stamped and mailed me a bunch for free with a little harness I bought from him.

You can find Vintage Wiring of Maine on the web.

Good Luck with you project!
Thanks!!!!