• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring - M1088A1

AlluvianHaul

I have three wires, tl160 tl161 tl178, that I am trying to work out where they go.

16 PAOZZ 96906 MS25036-107 .TERMINAL,LUG ( TL160, TL161, TL178 )

They are number 16 in the diagram.
16.jpg

Ronmar

You say its an A1 truck. The first drawing is a wtec2 harness found in the A0 trucks. You have a WTEC3 in an A1 truck. The second page is also info on an A0. Now the early A1s are similar to the A0 in many aspects, the documentation you are showing may or may not apply.

I cannot get to my tech info till this evening to look up those TL(terminal lug) numbers on an A1 drawing.

Where are these TLs physically located?

Ronmar

Depending on your truck, and what you are working on it may be the same. The A1 schematics are available. What is the year and serial number of your truck?

AlluvianHaul

The serial number is: T--01191CEFLH if I made it out correctly.

It was manufactured on 12-99.

The NSN is 2320-01-446-3893.

Thanks!

F693BE0D-EE13-4CEC-8ECC-336B28F00CFD.jpeg

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
I have three wires, tl160 tl161 tl178, that I am trying to work out where they go.

16 PAOZZ 96906 MS25036-107 .TERMINAL,LUG ( TL160, TL161, TL178 )

They are number 16 in the diagram.
View attachment 880572
The -24P will not tell you that information. Where a wire goes or even what a connector gets hooked up to. That will be in the maintenance TM.

Ronmar

There are wire numbers, and those wire numbers run between connector pins and/or terminal lug numbers. TL or Connector numbers are on metal bands on the wire ends, wire numbers are printed on the wires themselvs.

The drawing is typically broken down by specific areas on the truck. Sometimes you will see dashed lines on the drawing noting transitions from one area to another on a sheet.

Many components, connectors and terminals are listed on the first sheet or two, with their location on the drawing.

Where are the terminals you are talking about physically located at on the truck?

AlluvianHaul

As noted, the numbers on the metal bands are TL160, TL161, and TL178. They are behind the dash. It is a three-wire bundle. One of the wires is taped off, not by me. I don't know why. I do not see them in the manual or on the wiring diagram.

AF5158B8-229F-4131-BB5A-7245EBC02FCC.jpeg

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the wires for the dash buzzer routinely gets disconnected and taped up because whoever did it doesn't want to listen to the low air warning buzzer. Especially on the civilian side since most of us are keenly aware of the pressure in our air tanks and don't need the idiot buzzer.

coachgeo

One of the wires for the dash buzzer routinely gets disconnected and taped up because whoever did it doesn't want to listen to the low air warning buzzer. Especially on the civilian side since most of us are keenly aware of the pressure in our air tanks and don't need the idiot buzzer.
catch 22 is apparently the law states you MUST have some indicator about low air. Technically it appears it can be a warning light OR a buzzer. Truckers tend to report that in reality during DOT inspections a warning light does not cut it. It's either, have a buzzer... or get a big fat fine.

@Ronmar you got any ideas on someway to wire it so buzzer is off when in Park or Neutral... but be active when in any gear?

granted... if you fix your air system ...... in P or N... the buzzer should not do anything anyway much more than a second or two in the real world.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
catch 22 is apparently the law states you MUST have some indicator about low air. Technically it appears it can be a warning light OR a buzzer. Truckers tend to report that in reality during DOT inspections a warning light does not cut it. It's either, have a buzzer... or get a big fat fine.

@Ronmar you got any ideas on someway to wire it so buzzer is off when in Park or Neutral... but be active when in any gear?

granted... if you fix your air system ...... in P or N... the buzzer should not do anything anyway much more than a second or two in the real world.

Likely an issue for those that need inspections. Luckily I have no such requirement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks