• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring question that makes no sense.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All- i have a wiring question about something that doesn't make sense:

According to the drawings and what I'm finding, I have constant power to my gauges. (Not gauge lights, just gauges).

If you follow the drawing, 24v comes from the battery on wire 82 to one post of the floor switch. It then branches off on wire 5 to the alternator. From the alternator it goes along wire 558 (468 on my truck, which is notated on the drawing) and connects to wire 27. Just before the ignition switch, it branches off to the instrument panel, where it powers all of the gauges.

There is no circuit interruption anywhere in line with the panel.

Wouldn't this cause a vampiric drain on the batteries and result in dead batteries?Screenshot_20230102_193410_Samsung Notes.jpg

Attachments

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Circuit 27 shows a diode, that arrow is NOT the direction of power
This is a diode symbol:
c1_3d158a3221d98c76c39f7fce5412eeaa2661e943.png

This is the symbol on the drawing:

Screenshot_20230105_081951.jpg

I'm aware of what a diode symbol looks like. The author of the drawing used a basic connector symbol.

I'm also sure all of the black circles are connectors. I'm pretty sure there aren't diodes at each gauge, the distributor, the ignition switch, lights, horn etc.
Screenshot_20230105_081500_Samsung Notes.jpg

The problem was it is a one wire alternator. I took 468 out of the circuit and plugged the connectors and my problem went away.

20230104_165324.jpg

Thanks all for the info though.

Last edited:

exhogflyer

This is a diode symbol:
View attachment 887909

This is the symbol on the drawing:

View attachment 887910

I'm aware of what a diode symbol looks like. The author of the drawing used a basic connector symbol.

I'm also sure all of the black circles are connectors. I'm pretty sure there aren't diodes at each gauge, the distributor, the ignition switch, lights, horn etc.
View attachment 887907

The problem was it is a one wire alternator. I took 468 out of the circuit and plugged the connectors and my problem went away.

View attachment 887908

Thanks all for the info though.
Ooooops, you're correct! Morning eyes and no coffee......hahahaha!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks