• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wisconsin Robin Diesel Genset

pnishr

I have two of these. Both have run. The injector for one needed rebuilding, so I had both serviced. The rubber and plastic on these, as one would imagine, are not in the greatest condition. I already replaced the hoses, but when re-assembling on Saturday, the T-fitting broke (on both). I did a work-around on one, as the purpose of the T (actually has one inlet and 3 outlets) is just fuel return. One to the tank, one to the filter, one to the auxillary tank outlet valve. I've tried sourcing the correct filters for these with no luck. I think I'm going to re-route it, with only two return lines, one to the tank, one to the auxillary tank out. Then finding a filter with one inlet, one outlet (instead of two inlets) should be easier. I don't imagine I'll ever run an auxillary tank, so I may just remove that option entirely just to simplify things. Anyway, one of them is running now, the other I'll do the work-around this weekend and get it up and going. Both have less than 100hrs on them. For a few hundred bucks each, it's not too bad for a portable (can move by myself with enough motivation) diesel generator.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks