• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

witch 6.5 turbo is better?

84cucv1ton

i asked a friend to take a look. he knows some guys with yards if he could find me a 6.5 turbo. found a bunch. early 90s to i think he said 2000?? some are pretty cheap. some have really high miles. so i would have them rebuilt.

second question, can you rebuild a turbo yourself?? thanks

Last edited:

southdave

some say they meaning GM tubos are the same gm 1-gm8 although gm -8 is for vans and humvees also the gm-1 is not liked very much due the 90 degree exhaust inlet some feel that this restrict air flow and becomes a heat sink . So i bought gm-1 turbo because???

3dubs

The actual turbo itself? Read what is stamped on it and google it. But they should all be the same. The manifolds may be different as mentioned. Go look at them. To check a turbo for wear you would have to take it off. But for you question it does not matter they should all have the same flow rates.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks