• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO and smoke

JCKnife

Now that I'm running WMO (somewhere in the range of 60%-75%) I pay attention and read all the WMO / filtering threads I see. Many of them talk about making extra smoke. If anything I notice LESS smoke with WMO than I did with straight diesel.

Anything I should be worried about?

Looks like my FDC is NOT bypassed (for what that's worth).

Josh

Mine puts out a nice colum of blue smoke when its cold. Once its up to running temp the smoke dissappears unless I'm on the throttle. My truck doesnt burn the crankcase oil ( level hasnt ever droped in).

It defintalt smokes more now that I turned up my fuel screw, and my FDC is bypassed.

jrobinson5093

I get about the same maybe a little less smoke in the morning. but it smokes more when it is hot. I run 100% wmo all the time. and it may be that the fuel is thicker and is not flowing as much so it dont smoke as much, but wmo has more BTUs the diesel so you get the same power on less fuel. but im no expert

sp00n

I'm running 100% WMO and it blows a big cloud of blue smoke on startup and when its cold it blows a good bit of smoke. Once its warm its very light carbon colored smoke at idle and a normal diesel amount of smoke on the throttle. It blew a lot more smoke on #2 diesel, doesn't make sense.

hdmax

Have you cleaned the air cleaner lately? A clogged/dirty air cleaner will cause the truck to smoke, as it is not getting enough air to burn the fuel, sending unburnt fuel up the stack! (Like when a diesel lags, it smokes more!)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks