• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO Fuel long term storage

pigpen60

Did search and didn't find the answer, Am I right to assume that after filtering/settling Wmo using gas to thin that it will only get "better" as time goes on? "Better" meaning particulate settling out as it waits to be used as fuel.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sure. I am sure there is a curve as to how long to let it settle, but I just let it sit for about a year. No worries after that amount of time.

Terrh

I burnt a bunch problem free that had been "settling" for about 15 years before I got my hands on it.

Aside from being on the thick side (I'm guessing because it was all from heavy duty trucks) it burned fine.

Mt_Man

Cannot remember where I read it but, heard atf could be used as an anti microbial. Seen that in my holding totes. ATF is pretty neat. Do not know the concentrations needed to be effective. Can anyone verify this?

Mt_Man

Biobore JF will take care of the biological critters - a pint will treat 1200 gallons, and no red dye in your fuel!2cents
Sound advice, don't get caught with red fuel. Biobore is awesome stuff. Buddy and I use it to clean up old fuels. Makes merky fuel(diesel/jeta/kerosene) clear and drops all the water/solids to the bottom. Called the manufacture a while ago. The rep said it can be used with wmo, any waste petroleum product.

edit used as anti microbial that is.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks