• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a M923A2! Loading question:

Flatlander

Well, I'll fix whatever is broken. Ugh, hope it's not the worst case scenario. This truck has 10,000 miles on it. Seems like the motor would last a bit longer than that! My EUC was FINALLY approved. 3 months later. The truck is being delivered to my diesel mechanic on Tuesday. I'll update this when he gets it open and diagnosed.

Flatlander

I finally have the truck at my mechanic's! Since it was a non-runner, I had to find a truck that could pick up quickly from Las Cruces, NM and deliver to Littlefield, Texas. I could not find a Landoll or RGN trailer, so I had to go with a stepdeck with ramps. This required hiring a wrecker in Las Cruces to pull the truck up on to the trailer using the site loading ramp. Also had to use a wrecker on the receiving end to unload and move the truck where it needed to be. Added about $550 total to the cost of moving the truck. Not too bad. Now we have to diagnose the engine troubles and repair those.

IMG_7745.jpgIMG_7746.jpgIMG_7737.jpg

Flatlander

Rolled the dice and WON!!!!:DPulled out the batteries...they were 2013 6TMF that were not holding a charge. Rather than replace them with expensive military replacements, I decided to go with 2 Interstate type 65 batteries. I wasn't sure if the motor was going to need a rebuild or replacement, and thought I could use these batteries in my other vehicles if the truck ended up as parts. The batteries worked well to turn the 8.3 over. The fuel tank was nearly empty, so we put 30 gallons in and then my mechanic put an air hose in the tank while holding his hand over the filler hole. It made a good enough seal to create enough pressure to push fuel up the line. Cracked the return line coming from the injection pump until fuel started coming out. The truck started right up! What a great sound. I had been worried since May that the motor might have been damaged. Turns out there was just air in the line! I filled the tank to the top and drove 40 miles home. Got tons of waves and smiles all the way. I see there is a leak between the fuel neck and the tank, so I ordered two gaskets to replace that and the fuel cap gasket.

Last edited:

Flatlander

Now that I have an awesome running and driving truck, I have to get the thing legal. I paid for the complete title service through GP. I called today, to find out when I would be receiving the title. They told me that they don't have paper to print the SF97 on. Apparantly the government sends them the special paper? So that is holding up the process, and they said they don't know when they will get the paper. Crazy. I bought this thing in May, waited 4 months for my EUC to clear, and now who knows when I will get a title. Beyond frustrating. Sure, I like going out and sitting in my truck, but driving it would be better.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a police vin check (fill out the form) and take your bill of sale to your DMV and apply for a title. I'm not sure about Texas but I have titled 15 mil trucks without an SF97 with just a receipt and police vin check. Forget the 17 digit number and use whatever is on the nameplate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks