• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a NOS prelube system on ebay

yolner

Don't actually have the deuce yet (picking it up in a couple of weeks), but I've been shopping for accessories and ended up winning this pre/post lube system for $120 shipped. It's 12v so I'm thinking about running it off a third battery that I will charge through a 24v to 12v 30a conveter. I will also use the same battery to run all my other 12v stuff like GPS/phone charger. What do you guys think?

Turbo Timer 12V Electric Pre / Post Lube System No Res - eBay (item 260733751988 end time Feb-13-11 18:32:24 PST)

Westech

CPL
I'm planning on running spin on oil filters. Would that allow me to use the base that comes with the kit?
O boy... I would get the TM's and read up on the oiling system and where the ports are. If you use the spin on it will NOT allow you to simply slap on that adapter in that old kit of yours. Take a good look at Stretch's post and what he did on his deuce.

yolner

Thanks for the tips. Which TM should I look at for info on the oiling system? I've been going through them slowly, but haven't seen the stuff you're talking about yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks