• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won one at French Camp today

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Won an M35A2 at French Camp today. 4 times, people placed bids in the last 30 seconds, kept bumping the price and closing time. AHHHH! $2555 is a good price though, they all seemed to have excellent tires even new looking. They also look to be well maintained.

I plan on driving it home, 800 miles to AZ. I'll drive it over the hill to San Jose to my folks house to prepare it and take my dad whose a WWII vet for a ride.

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=1115889

Not sure how I'm going to get it started yet. Says bateries are dead. We'll see. May have to hire a tow truck to get it off the base and started.

texas-5-ton

Nice, complete looking truck. Looks like you got your moneys worth. Buy a couple of 8D batteries and take them with you for insurance. Hope all works out well with it.

Chad

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were 19 M35A2's that went at French Camp (Sharp Depot) today. I know Jack in Tucson got 7 of them, that gives him over 100 deuces. Don't know any of the other winners. I will probably have to fly in so bringing batteries may be tough. Maybe I can have them shipped to Ernie at GL????

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:beer:

Your signature line is soon going to need a second column!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice addition to your addiction! :ditto: And you know someone with 100 deuces?!!! Wow

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just my 2 cents but I would take a credit card and fly in borrow your parents car go buy two batteries at Advance Auto or Autozone and take them with you. Sub them in for the old duece batteries and start it up. I have seen so many dueces start right up after sitting for long periods the odds are that this will get you going as long as there is fuel in the tank and oil and water in the engine and radiator. Great find and hope all goes well with the trip. I sure wish my WWII dad was still here to take a ride that will be cool.

devilman96

Nice to see someone get a Deuce for a reasonable price for a change... Gives a little faith to the deuceless whom have been saving their beans up.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ask GL if they can slave your vehicle off... Might be as simple as dead batts that need a jumop.... Bring 2 new batts with you to swap out though...

groundog

:) good luck---where are you going to store all these vehicles---you can only get one in your back yard---are you going to MESA AWAP. iBID ON A M813---SAME THING--LAST MINUTE BIDS--SORRY TO SAY I WAS OUTBID--TRUCK WAS IN oHIO---SHIPPING COST TO pHA 4,000

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kevin, I really like those colors. What route are you gonna take home? If you come across the 210/605 area, give me a shout.

m38inmaine

Nice score, I drove mine 700+miles in below zero weather with no heater, atleast your drive should be warmer! Keep us posted.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, thanks for all the great replies. I really like the colors too. My original Desert Deuce is now a green deuce and I kinda like it that way. This one will get a new 4 color desert scheme a few weeks after arival.

David, yes I'm very lucky to still have my mom & dad. I treasure the time we have together, which isn't enough.

Hey Groundog, Jack puts them 2 at a time on a truck and trucks them to Tucson, about $2.00 per mile. He ended up with 7 so I have an option to be the eighth truck, about $900 instead of $250 for the fuel. If the truck needs more than I can do quick that's my plan "B". And, I can stuff 2 dueces into the back yard. Jack has winches, give him a call.

And I will be at the Mesa show as a vendor. I'll have the tractor-trailer there and a deuce with the MEP006A. So I'll see ya there Groundog!

And Doghead, Jack has about 1000 MV's of every flavor. Jack's Government Surplus in Tucson on Drexel Road.

As far as my route, I'll take the 5 to the 210, 57, 10. So yes, absolutly, I hope to meet up with the Southern Cal Steel Soldiers, that would be great. Once my EUC gets finished up, I'll make the plans pretty quick and post them se we can work out the details.

As far the addiction, I'm kinda like all the rest of us that DON'T have a wrecker - I want one. Preferably an M816.