• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wont shut off why?

jdcucv

I own 86 CUCV with HUMMV engine and had a no start hot problem I was told by some diesel guys the fuel sielnoid could do this so I put mine from my old IP on now engine wont shit off at all until I pulled a fuel line and let it die. Whats wrong and was pulling the line a bad idea? Or is that the only way I could have turned it off because something is wrong with the fuel shut off? Need help. Thanks for your adive.

Blood_of_Tyrants

A stuck fuel solenoid could do it. Give it a good rap with a screwdriver handle. Fuel starvation isn't bad, it is just a pain to get the engine running after the IP and injectors are full of air. Next time pull the air cleaner and choke the air off.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need a quick way to shut it down, pinch off the return hose that comes outof the top of the pump and goes to a metal line along the front of the engine

mangus580

If you switched the top cover, there is a good chance you have it together wrong.

Also... did you have the humvee solenoid on it?