• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Woo Hoo! EUC Approved!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1 month to the day from the winning bid. Guess i'm NOT a menace to society! I'm thinkin' next Monday the $71.12, M105 will be home....what am I gonna tell my wife! Gotta finish the hitch first.
Well, that won't work, it's Labor Day :shock: . Thursday the 6th, that works. 8)

mhb285

Will,
Did you go to Barstow yet?
I've just got my EUC cleared and talked to Dave at the Barstow site. Since I've got "2" trailers I'm going 1st am on Tuesday and 1st am Thursday.
Got a job interview on Wednesday.. So I can't go then..
Let me know.
Mike Bogner

poppop

Just filed my EUC ywo days ago. Came back with lots of problems but a very good discription of how to correct it. White out this and add that ect. Sent it off again this morning and so far no replys. Maybe thats a good sign.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, Thursday the 6th. JDToumanian, and I think bigmike will be traveling up there. Gonna go to TNT cafe for b-fast. Maybe Hole will come too. Give me a call. 626-840-1751.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will, you'll love your M105, they're very usefull. That's a great price. Like Kenny said, you'll need another deuce as well. To bad Kenny's M275A2 is sooo far away.

I've included the first pictures of my 2nd deuce that came from French Camp a couple months ago. These califormia deuces coming out are in beautiful condition. It was maintained right up to turn-in. Zero rust and lots of new parts.

Anyway, I hope to get together with y'all sometime. A west coast convoy would be great. Maybe some of the guys in the AZ (AMVCC) club would be interested in a trip to CA. Maybe some of the NM guys (Wade) as well.

I'm always up for a road trip in my MV's. (Just hard to make the time) Just did 2000 miles with no problems in my XM816 (did alot of prep)

Congrats Will!! (just make sure the wife gets something she wants to offset the trailer, work's for me)

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Mike, yeah, it's good to get your hands on a nice pair (Deuces). My deuces feel like sports cars after driving the XM816 for 4.5 days straight.

ucfjeeper

wow... those look nice desert.... being a noob, I have 2 questions, about how much did you get them for in that good of condition? and.... where do you keep them. It looks as though you live in a tight neghboorhood like i do. I mean, I can't even fit both vehicles in my driveway and my lawn is all of about 15' by 10'.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Green Deuce came from Port Hueneme Naval Base in CA in 3-06. $2500. It was painted last December along with my M52A2 for the movie "In the Valley of Elah" which I believe comes out this month. Other than new tires, maintenance and new lens covers for the lights, it's needed nothing. I've included a couple before pictures of it with Gary & Devin from CA below and one at home with the MEP006A. By the way, I drove this one home to AZ, 400 miles.

The desert deuce came from a group that sold last March at French Camp, $2800. Jack Martin bought 7 and I got 1. (the only one I bid on). I've done nothing for it yet, other than order a tan cab soft top from GMA for it. It is being prepped for paint right now. Guy from our club (AMVCC) who painted the other trucks will do the "squirting" . It will be 4 Color MERDC. 45% Sand, 45% Field Drab, 5% Earth Yellow & 5% Black.

As far as storage, I have an RV gate you can't see with cement pad long enough for 3 of the trucks. At present, I keep the M35A2's at home and the others are in covered storage a few miles away at an RV storage facility. The 3rd truck in the backyard is what is believed to be (by the NAPCO owners group) the oldest civillian Chevy 4x4 in existance. It's a 48 1 ton NAPCO. I've included a couple pictures of it as well.

BTW, the NAPCO has 47,000 original miles on it and has never been registered for the road. It was also garaged it's entire life. It's completely original. I'm the 2nd owner, and have the original key and all sales and maint docs.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks