• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Workin on Rusty today

combat32

Rusty now a parts truck, bought new M37B1

Got the bed off and it wasn't as bad a chore as I thought it would be. I didn't have 4 guys to help me lift it off so I used my engine hoist, thank god for my sawzall. This truck is so rusty underneath and every bolt is fighting me every inch of the way. My left rear spring shackle/shock mount broke in half from rust fatigue I guess, never seen that before, and I figured the easy way to replace all that would be with the bed off and I can get to the fuel tank easier too.

Here are a couple of pics of my homey bed removal and my M101 bed hauler,it fits on there perfect:mrgreen:

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You don't have that thing finished yet? You work on it like you work for the Post Office. Oh wait you do work for the Post Office. :mrgreen:

combat32

So the truck above was killin me, it runs good but just too much rust and she it actually falling apart, so, went and bought this truck today and between the two should have a good truck, replacement is a 1963 M37B1 WOW that has had a winch added later in its life. It was a fire truck but wasn't cut up too bad, been converted to 12v, runs good lights work, good fuel tank, no brakes which is usual:)

The CCKW hard top was an added bonus and the previous owner threw in a bunch of extra parts.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks